Monday, February 2, 2009

All about Mom

Well I havn't updated on my mom for a while so I thought I would let everyone know what is going on! She has been off of the ventialtor for 7 days now! Yeah for my mom she is working really hard! Once she has lasted for 7 to 10 days with just a trach mask (which is what she has now) we can move on to a speaking valve for 7 to 10days, then once past that they will cap the trach for an additional 7 to 10 days and as long as she handles that they will go ahead and take everything out and let her start healing up! Man this has been a long time coming and as you can see we still have a little ways to go! But she is doing wonderful and hopefully we can start focusing alot more on the physical therapy portion of her recovery and then we can get her back home! Just want to give a quick shout out to let everyone know how wonderful my dad has been through this whole experience, he has defiently been the rock of the family and has done so much and spent so much time staying on top of everything that is going on with my mom! He is wonderful and has provided a wonderful example of how I want to mold my relationship with my husband! Thanks Dad!

1 comment:

The McCrary's said...

I am so glad to hear that. Way to go MOM!!! Hopefully she will keep doing really well.